قلعه تاناتوس



Saturday, January 13, 2007


I think my whole life - not my life that had gone, but my life to come — flashed before my eyes. Back to school, working away like mad to get exams I wasn't going to do well at, so I could get a crap job in a crap company with long hours that'd inch by inch by inch turn me into everybody else. Work work work, every day learning how to be good at something I wasn't good at, doing things I didn't want to do, living for weekends and three weeks' holiday a year. Parenthood! Sweating and straining to pop out a fat helpless baby; worry and care and stress. Never having enough money to do anything you want to do, and only just enough to do what you have to. Coming home to the baby and doing more work, and then making the baby turn into everybody else as well. Years and years and years of it. Nappies and shit and exams and tests and work and forever and ever amen.

from “Lady - My Life as Bitch”, Melvin Burgess

from here.



   
0 حرف
........................................................................................

Home